HOW to Manage Non-Conformance
The core of any NonConformance process is to make sure:
- that the requirements are clear and fully understood;
- that the supply chain involved knows and understands the requirements , and has a quality system in place to assure that the output will be compliant, and that any non-conformity is identified, reported, and resolved;
- that there is a system of verifying that the supply chain is complying with the requirements and their quality plans;
- that final checks - FATs (Factory Acceptance Tests) for example - are performed as necessary.
- that all deviations and NCRs are documented in a register that is maintained for as long as necessary, and that it is handed over to the operations management for their evaluation - of future maintenance and testing requirements, for example;
- Make use of an IT system tool that can easily be used by company and contractor resources.
Use experienced resources that understand the process and can help your organisation succeed.